The best diving on planet earth
Galapagos is known for the volcanic landscapes, pristine beaches and wildlife found like nowhere else in the world. Spend 7 nights on board the NEW luxury liveaboard, “Tiburon Explorer” diving this unique area. The month of May falls into the warmer months, known for its excellent sightings of large schools of Hammerhead sharks and manta rays.
DIVING HIGHLIGHTS AND BUCKET LIST DIVE SITES:
Is a natural rock arch feature situated to the southeast of Darwin Island in the Pacific Ocean. The arch sits on an irregularly shaped, rocky, submerged plateau, nicknamed “the theatre”. If you’re after large sea creatures, this is the place to go as most of them converge here due to the strong currents. Although you will be able to see the usual’s like manta rays and sea turtles, the sheer number of sharks (especially if you go during the right season) is nothing short of magnificent.
While you are bound to see the usual sharks, mobula rays, and bluefin tunas, the reason this dive site so popular is because whale sharks often frequent these waters. They often can be seen from between 6 and 60 feet (2 and 20 meters) from June to December.
You’ll find an incredible variety of macro life at Cousins Rock, including scorpionfish, seahorses, frogfish, and nudibranchs. Larger life such as playful sea lions, mantas and eagle rays are also common. Cousins is shaped like a volcanic cone so if there is current, usually from the south east, then part of the site is sheltered and the formation of the site makes a great multi-level dive.
Prices and Dates
Explore the best scuba diving on planet earth!
May 13, 2023 – May 20, 2023
5 Spaces Left
Per Person Cost, From
$6,995 USD Double Occupancy PP
TIBURON EXPLORER DECK / CABIN SPECIFICATIONS:
This beautiful brand new, state-of-the-art, boat is launching in the Galapagos. This 125 footer luxury vessel will accommodate 16 passengers in 9 air-conditioned staterooms located on the main and lower decks.
All staterooms are located on the main and lower decks and have ocean view windows to maximize views of the Galapagos Archipelago. In addition, each stateroom has twin beds that can be converted to comfortable queen beds for couples. Each cabin has private bath and shower facilities, dressers and closets.
The Main Deck features six guest staterooms, 1-6, each with private bath and shower, air-conditioning, ample storage and large windows providing guests with amazing ocean views. The dining area, lounge/entertainment area, bar and large dive deck are also located on the Main Deck.
The Lower Deck comprises 3 suites, 7-9, each with private bath and shower, air-conditioning, port windows and ample storage.
- Return Baltra airport transfers
- 7 nights / 8 days accommodation aboard the Brand New Tiburon Explorer
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Snacks
- Coffee, tea & water
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Local alcoholic beverages
- Up to 4 dives daily (weather permitting)
- 12L Air Tanks, weights, belt
- Towels and cabin services
- Dive Deck with camera table & rinse tanks
- Fuel surcharge
- Land Excursions: Visit to Santa Cruz Highlands to see the giant tortoises in their natural habitat. Afternoon North Seymour land visit to see the large colonies of Blue Footed Boobies and Frigate Birds. Sighting of Sea Lions and Marine Iguanas are common.
What’s Not Included
- All flights and airport taxes (Quotation on request)
- $ 20 Galapagos Visitors Card (Paid at Quito Airport)
- $ 100 Galapagos National Park Fee (Paid on arrival in Baltra)
- $ 35 Hyperbaric chamber fee payable on board
- Tips/Gratuities $ 300 – $ 400 per person
- Nitrox – $ 150 for the week
- Dive & Travel Insurance (DAN or Equivalent)
- Airport Transfers (Mainland, Ecuador)
- Premium Alcohol Beverages
- Hire of 15L Tanks & Equipment Rental
- Gear Hire: Please enquire for rates
- Final Evening Meal (Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz Island- Restaurant of choice)
For this ship-based trip, a relatively moderate level of exertion is required. You will need to be able to climb up the ladder of the diving boat. This is an active expedition that requires mobility and good health.
It’s possible that we could encounter rough conditions which may cause issues for travelers prone to motion sickness. Please consult your physician about medications that control motion sickness.
Your Tour Organizer: Nadia Aly
“I want to show you the extraordinary animals that call our oceans home…” – Nadia Aly
Nadia Aly is a wildlife photographer who specializes in underwater photography. She holds a Masters in Digital Media from the Centre for Digital Media in Vancouver BC and has had her work featured on National Geographic, Sony World Photo, Underwater Photographer of the Year and Nature’s Best Photography.
She is also the owner of ScubaDiverLife.com – an online news portal for scuba diving & ocean conservation enthusiasts,