Wakatobi Photo/Video Workshop 2018
Wakatobi seamlessly blends five-star amenities and civilized comforts with a pristine natural environment; a pairing that has secured its reputation as one of the world’s finest resorts.Wakatobi is a luxury dive resort in southeastern Sulawesi, Indonesia. In a tranquil island setting far from crowds and cities, with no other divers for at least 100 miles.
When: June 18 - 29, 2018
The effortless luxury of the Wakatobi experience begins before you even leave Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali, Indonesia, the gateway to the resort. Upon initial arrival in Bali, a Wakatobi representative will greet you as you exit the immigration area. He’ll usher you to the baggage area and whisk your bags (and you) through customs. After spending the night in Bali, your private charter flight to Wakatobi aboard a Garuda Airlines jet leaves around 8 a.m. the next morning, and you’ll wait for departure in the domestic terminal’s first-class lounge.
The legendary resort, is nestled into a quiet corner of southeast Sulawesi, Indonesia. The resort is a two-hour flight from Bali to the Wakatobi Maranggo Runway on Tomia Island, which was purpose-built by Wakatobi in 2001 to easily deliver visitors to the resort. From there, it was a short boat ride to the resort itself, just off Tomia on tiny Onemobaa Island, also called Tolandona Island. The name “Wakatobi” is actually derived from the first two letters of the four nearby islands: Wangi-Wangi, Kaledupa, Tomia and Binongko.
Tidy thatched-roof bungalows hugged a sandy white shore. Palm trees swayed in the wind, and dive boats rocks on the gentle waves slapping the long jetty. Step ashore and approached the longhouse, home to reception, a gift shop, classroom, a lounge and the PADI Five-Star Dive Center. Wakatobi consciously combines five-star service with a pristine natural environment that blends seamlessly into the island.
There are over 20 acres of greenery, well-manicured but not fussy, and the grounds feel very close to nature. Monitor lizards skitter about and countless butterflies flit from brightly colored plant to brightly colored plant. Each morning, gardeners rake the sandy pathways, winding from the longhouse to the restaurant. In the evening the lights dim so that the brightest illumination comes from the Milky Way overhead, easily visible with so little light pollution.
There are three scheduled boat dives per day at Wakatobi Dive Resort, a little slice of paradise in southeastern Sulawesi, Indonesia, but guests can jump in on the House Reef whenever they choose. The diving at any one of the 45 or so sites within reach of the resort is amazing,
Watch This Video!
- Round-trip domestic airport transfers from DPS
- Delicious and varied gourmet meals (special diets are catered for)
- VIP greeting and assitance from Bali Airport (DPS)
- Free high speed internet access via satellite
- In-roo amentities ( coffe pot, towels, hair dryer and safe)
- 24 hour tea/ coffee/ hot chocolate/ drinking water, and daily snacks
- Aromaterhapy bath products in all rooms
- Optional Village Tour
- 24/7 management
- Daily Housekeeping
- All meals and snacks; unlimited drinking water, tea, coffee, and taxes
- Unlimited Shore Diving
- Guided Boat dives
Private air charter includes:
- Round trip direct flight from Bali to Wakatobi's private airstrip
- Full international luggage allowance
- Pre-flight VIP lounge access
- In-flight snack and hot/cold non-alcoholic beverages
- Transfer from airport to resort by boat
- Assistance with all check-in luggage right through to your room/cabin
- 3 x 70 minute guided boat dives/snorkels a day, on world-class protected reefs
- Unlimited Shore Diving with shore-supervision, and taxi boat cover
- House reef tender boat taxi service. (choose when and where you want to dive the famous house reef)
What's not included?
- International airfare
- Trip insurance
- Dive insurance