Komodo, Indonesia 2017
When: May 22 - May 30, 2017
Komodo National Park (KNP) has been listed as one of the “New 7 Wonders of Nature,” and this trip gives you a front-row seat to this world-class destination, which appears on almost every diver’s bucket list. It also gives you first-class accommodation, as the Arenui is reknowned in the diving community as one of the most luxurious liveaboards operating today.
This is a great itinerary for all kinds of muck diving, as the KNP dive sites are packed full of unbelievable critters such as ornate ghost pipefish, pygmy seahorses, rare clown frogfish, blue-ringed octopus, pipefish, leaf scorpionfish, coleman shrimp, boxer crabs, zebra crabs and of course the weird and wonderful nudibranchs. If you’re lucky, you might even spot the ridiculously cute Pikachu nudi.
Divers keen on coral reefs will also be amazed at the range of corals that Komodo has to offer — from soft to hard and in warm to temperate waters — while those seeking out schooling fish need look no further than the thrilling current dives of Gili Lawa Laut. If you’re also hoping for some pelagics and ocean giants then bring your wide-angle lens along too for the resident mantas and sharks, but keep a watch for passing dolphins, whales and the elusive mola-mola (sunfish).
Price: From $4,720 USD
Watch Our Video on Komodo!
- Full-board accommodation in twin/double cabin
- Shore activities/excursions according to the program
- Five meals per day
- Soft drinks, tea, American and Balinese coffee
- Diving activities including tanks, weights and weight belt (generally four dives per day)
- Transfer from/to embarkation/disembarkation airport
- Administration/port-clearance fee
- National parks entrance fee
- Fuel surcharge
- Government taxes
What's Not Included?
- International and domestic airfare
- Hotels and meals before and after the cruise
- Alcoholic drinks, espresso, cappuccino
- Nitrox refills
- Dive equipment rental (other than tanks, weights and weight belt)
- Massages and spa treatments
- Travel insurance
- Onboard purchases
- Private tours
- On-board telecommunications
- Crew gratuities